A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Friday, April 01, 2005

Sing me a Song will you?

I've been obtaining song lists from various places as a part of my wedding research, and couldn't help reading through the list, finding a particular song , cringing before saying "I so remember that song!"

80s one-hit-wonders included Extreme, Mr Big, Wet Wet Wet, Vanilla Ice and great artists such as Phil Collins, Bill Joel and U2.

I then started counting how many songs they had for certain artists, and was amazed that on one list, they offer 30 Kylie Minogue songs which span over 2 decades!! Madonna only had 19 songs. U2 had 22 songs which is also impressive.

Bizarre song titles include "Why do you want to make those eyes at me for?""Shame Shame Shame""Flat Feet Floogie", "Hit me with your Rhythm Stick" and ......."You've ruined all my Favourite Songs" by some group called MGF. It's been placed in the Alternative song category. Enough said.

1 comment:

Joshi said...

wedding song research :P