A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Monday, April 11, 2005

Attempted break-in to get the Law?

I received a phone call over the weekend from a friend who asked whether I had the latest hard copy of the Australian Corporations Law. He needed a copy for his exam on Monday. Deciding that I should be helpful, I suggested that I visit my work office over the weekend and browse through our library resources to find the jackpot he needed.

I was a bit apprehensive as I had never visited this new office after hours before, and I have only been in this job for 3 months. So, with the boom gate and lift keys in hand, I went to the building, up to the office floor and on stepping out, the security alarm starts beeping!!! Luckily another man who works in the floor above (who also is our Practice Manager) was in the lift with me and he was able to disarm the system. Phew!

It would have been a bit odd trying to explain why I was in the building and set the alarm off.

"No I wasn't breaking in....rather.... I came in to see if we had the latest Australian Corporations Law in our library. "

After all that, all we had was the 2001 version. Doh!!!

And no, we do not have the latest copy of the Criminal Law Act either.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just shows all your ages.....the correct term is Corporations Act....its now an ACT, has been since second half of 2001 :-P

Jan said...

I'm not a lawyer, I don't need to know these things. :D