A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Throat Exercises

I refuse to watch horror or suspense movies, purely on the basis that I'm simply too scared and terrified of blood and guts stuff. I can't scream very well and fake screaming is just wrong :)

This rules out things like Saw, Scream, Nightmare on Elm Street and Final Destination 'type' franchises.

In my younger years I would have also added Doctor Who to that list, purely on the basis of the spooky opening sequence music.

However, the exceptionally brilliant David Tennant has made me realise how great this 'not so little' TV series (first broadcast in the 1960s) is.

I've been slowly working my way through seasons of Mr Tennant's portrayal of the Time Lord, and came across the episode titled "Blink" from Season 3. The crux of the episode was how this bunch of 'Weeping Angel' statues come to life and start stalking you and move closer to you, every time you look away or blink your eyes. Once they reach you then you die.

This is definitely the most terrifying and spookiest episode I've watched yet............to the point that I genuinely screamed 3 times in a row within 10 seconds.

Even after rewinding the 10 seconds so W could see what I was screaming about, I couldn't help it but scream again because the episode was just genuinely creepy to the point of being a suspense movie.

"Whatever you do, Don't Blink. Do not look away from them or they will come for you. No matter what you do, just don't blink. Good luck".

1 comment:

DanielS said...

That was a good episode, but I don't think either A or I screamed.