A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Stuff CPA, I'm gonna be a.....

Test car driver!!!!

Ok, maybe I should re-word that as the description sounds too blokey, too much like my hubby and other guys I know :)

Hmmmm......maybe it should be more of "a driver who simply has no choice but to drive the car that was been given to them, and have it changed on a weekly basis."

I guess I "could" handle that, especially if it's a nice car like a Mazda 6 or Mini Cooper.

Ever since my car was crashed into from behind, I've had the privilege of driving 3...actually 4 different cars in a three week period.

First car was a Nissan Pulsar. This was just your average rental vehicle, automatic, silver, no electric features, (e.g. no power windows, but it did have remote central locking) However, I finally got aquainted with "cruise control".

Not that I drive that much on the freeway anymore, but it certainly drew the attention and amusement of my hubby nonetheless.

Unfortunately after 10 days I had to give it back :(

I was then given my dad's old 1991 Nissan Patrol 4WD. Being the very first manual car I drove when I got my licence at 17 (*shucks*), I believed I was capable of driving this tank again.

However, it has become quite an antique, in that it only likes my dad driving it, and so when anyone else tries to drive it, it would just *chut* *chut* *chut*, refuse to start and also annoy the neighbours in the complex.

As a result, I was then given my mum's new Toyota RAV4, which was alot nicer and disciplined. Too bad I couldn't utilise the Handicap sign stuck to the front windscreen to my benefit, unless I had grandma in tow.

And finally, today is the 4th car, a Toyota Avalon sedan from a close family friend.

Does anyone else see a vehicle trend here?

1 comment:

Joshi said...

A ONE TONNE RODEO
JANOLLA WANTS A ONE TONNE RODEO
A ONE TONNE RODEOOOOO

"if you play Alex Lloyd's Amazing backwards it says 'Janolla wants a Ford Territoryyyyy'!"