A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Inaugurality?

My very first post on an attempt to keep a blog.

I have only witnessed two other friends with blogs so I'll see how far this goes before I lose interest.

In my new job of almost three months I've been able to see the variety, humurous and sometimes "shaking my head" scenes that comes with working in a firm with more than 2 accountants.

Firstly, I quite liking working with people closer to my age, sharing similar childhood memories, love of accounting (NOT!) and down-to-earth attitudes of most.

I shake my head every time I hear at work, gossip or a whinge from someone who is looking for love and their despair of ever finding the perfect man. I personally do remember being in that stage of my life a couple of years ago, before unbe-known to me a certain male counterpart entered my life. I can see how negative a topic such as singleness has become, especially for those in their late 20s. But for those who pine after people for the sake of being in a relationship seems very shallow. Outbursts such as "It's not fair!! Why do they (insert person's name) always get the good-looking guys!!" or "I'm so much better than she is" come to mind.

I'm not being smug about not being in that position anymore, but it leads me to really think how life's views can change, once you know the everlasting love of Christ.




No comments: