A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Monday, October 18, 2010

Perspectives

Let's be honest- 2010 has been a very difficult year for us.
A year that we probably don't really want to remember when it's over in a little over 2 months time.

We've had lots of things thrown at us to test our endurance, our health, our financial situation, our relationships, our commitments, our faith.

Satan has been working hard on us, we have almost drowned and of late been ready to give up, but God has spoken loud and clear that we are not forsaken and that He is faithful, true and has shared in our pain.

The journey has been alot tougher than I'd originally anticipated.

It hasn't been easy watching other people's lives continue on as normal, and seeing that everyone else's lives appear problem-free, worry-free and struggle-free, doing whatever they want to do and being able to do so without any limitations.

I struggle to remember what it was like to be normal again, if none of the things that have occurred this year ever happened. Would our lives have been better, worse or the same?

It is true that the past couple of years have been spiritually stagnant. So it actually makes sense that we had to face the things that have been thrown at us this year to rekindle the flame and appreciate so much more-on spiritual things rather than earthly, material things.

So I think my answer to the question above, is that our lives would have been possibly worse off if this year had been a year without the struggles we have faced.

3 comments:

Josh said...

I love this verse in Romans...

"..but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."

breezy said...

true very true!!!!

Jocelyn said...

I could've written this post myself - that's how true every word is with me and my family.

Gotta go through some rough times in order to become who He wants us to be. God will meet us where we are at, but He won't leave us there.

I love the verse that one of the commenters posted =)

Have a great rest-of-the-week =)