A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Friday, April 09, 2010

It's oh so quiet

Been quiet at work the last couple of weeks.

As a result have been meditating and doing lots of thinking about what the rest of this year has in store for me and us. Still no job offers yet for W so that has been affecting me more than what I had thought.

The quietness I think pretty much confirms that I should take this opportunity to drop back to part-time work.

Whilst many women will only go part-time because of children, I feel that it is a privilege also that whilst I currently do not have children, I should utilise this time to serve others during the week. Don't get me wrong- I don't have a problem with mums working part-time or not working at all because of their children.

I just feel right now................ as a married, childless woman that there are people (women in particular) and opportunities available during the week that I can fellowship and disciple, and be discipled myself.

One of the big things on my mind is how to get older, wiser women we know in our church to either formally or informally disciple younger women like myself and many others. Alot of women's bible studies are held during the day, so this automatically limits many young, working women and only reaches the young mums and non-working women in society. Is that something that should be changed?

1 comment:

Josh said...

you can cook me dinner once a week too ;)

Nah jks - Be praying for you and these big decisions :)