A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Geeky

I would never have thought that I would say this:

I love watching Doctor Who.

Looking past the scary music (which was scary when you were 7) and opening sequences, you get a extremely fun and enjoyable TV series. Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey stuff aside, I've found myself hooked to this show, courtesy of the lovely David Tennant.

Now all the hard-core fans will probably say that I'm not the genuine article as I haven't watched any episodes from the Tom Baker/William Hartnell/Jon Pertwee/Peter Davidson/Colin Baker/Sylvestor McCoy series or even the Paul McGann telemovie. (speaking of, I now remember Paul in another favourite movie of mine The 3 Musketeers).

Is it acceptable enough that I have watched the revamped series from Season 1 through to Planet of the Dead? (First of the 2009 Specials, with 3 more to go and *sniff* the last 3 specials to feature David before he leaves)

I don't know much about Matt Smith (the new Doctor after David) and am apprehensive as to what quirky facets he will bring to the role next year.

Am I a geek?
What is the female version of a geek?
A geekette?
A geekress?

I'd like a sonic screwdriver for Christmas this year.

No comments: