A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Things to Do

Most people know I like fishing. Especially if I catch stuff!

Growing up where I believe is the best fishing spot(s), my family would take us to the beach 5-10 mins from home to Pallarenda in Townsville, to wet a line.
Otherwise, Lucinda, just north of Ingham would also get a good feed.

I've had my fair share of pufferfish and catfish catches, only because they were always swimming around your feet in ankle-deep water, or milling around the bottom of the jetty. There is something about the feeling of bringing them to the surface, and then either slapping them around on the ground, or putting a knife to them that is so enjoyable.

I'd like to go fishing again soon *hint* *hint*

We're also planning a week off in early July, where we'll take a driving holiday starting from Moree, NSW, through central NSW before heading back up the east coast towards home.

I only found out recently that Moree is the home of artesian bores! How stupid! (me, not artesian bores) Methinks I'll pack some bathers.

1 comment:

Josh said...

How does easter saturday sound !!!