A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Raggle-tailed Guttersnipe!

Reminiscing on quotes from the movie classic "My Fair Lady": (a movie about a chauvanistic English professor who accepts a dare that he can pass off a Cockney flowergirl as a duchess at the grand Embassy Ball)

Professor Higgins: She's an owl, sickened by a few days of *my* sunshine.

Colonel Pickering: Have you NO morals, man?
Alfred P. Doolittle: Nah. Can't afford none. Neither could you, if you were as poor as me.

Professor Higgins: Women are irrational, that's all there is to that! Their heads are full of cotton, hay and rags. They're nothing but exasperating, irritating, vacillating, calculating, agitating, maddening and infuriating hags!

Eliza Doolittle: You ought a be stuffed with nails, you ought!

Professor Higgins: I've learned a great deal from your idiotic notions, I admit it humbly and gratefully.

Professor Higgins: The French don't care what they do actually, as long as they pronounce it properly.

Professor Higgins: There are even places where English completely disappears. In America they haven't used it for years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tag, your it!

Amazing what you discover and you browse the statistics for your webpage!