A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy 20,006 AD

I'm not sure if it was a typo, or there is some underlying meaning that I'm not aware of, but the first Unichurch bulletin on January 1 of said new year was dated:

1 January 20,006 AD.

Any valid explanation would be appreciated :D If it is simple, then yes, I would be a mushroom.

All these late nights I think are taking its toll, and rightly so when I go back to work today. Hmmph!

January every year has always had the reputation of being as busy as December. Namely due to camps. Whilst we only did a day visit to Tweed River Mission in late December, its either beach mission, CMS Summer School (yay!), QYC, KYLC, KYC. (yes, I know the last two mentioned are actually being held over the border with the Mexicans...*wink! but to prove my point.....they are camps!)

And January is also the time of..... ODI CRICKET!!!! January 15th should be fantastic, and hopefully we'll get a decent ODI match this time around at the Gabba.

3 comments:

Joshi said...

i want to watch!!! is there any tickets left??? i want to come!?!?! pleaseee

Jan said...

um...we were hard pressed to get tickets back in November last year.

There may be some tickets left but chances a pretty slim unfortunately as these games sell out quite quickly.

On another note, I didn't know you were into cricket!

Joshi said...

yes i like nearly every sport... but cricket.... i remember steve waugh's last century very clearly... 98 not out and last ball of the day... and he hits a 4.... glorious shot.... glorious fairytale ending.... :P