A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Friday, August 14, 2009

More Food-related Banter

Special Sunday morning service this weekend with 7 people getting baptised. (good stuff)

We were asked last week to bring a plate to share for a lunch that will be held after the service.

I'm pondering what to bring and some things I have been thinking about are:

- Being a baptismal service, there will likely be people that are friends of the people getting baptised that are invited and will come who don't normally come to church. They obviously won't be bringing a plate for lunch, but will most likely stay for the lunch. Does this mean that we should be providing more food (ie. say bringing 2-3 plates of food) in order to cater for the extra numbers? (Christian hospitality)

- Types of food to bring. The usual, no-mess fare would be sandwiches and store-bought cakes, muffins and dare-I-say Pizza. The 'foodie' in me suggests that there should be more savouries than sweets (being lunch, not afternoon tea) and more hot/warm dishes as it is winter.

- Finger food vs Food which needs to be eaten with a fork
(the monthly Chinese lunches is never fingerfood fare- always plated goodies that require eating utensils)

My current list of foods for consideration:

- Cheerios
- Honey Soy Chicken Wings and mini-drums
- Meatballs and sauce
- Antipasto platter with fresh bread
- Pasta bake

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want to know what you're bringing for the Anniversary service...I'm drawing a blank!