A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Monday, April 06, 2009

Cooking

I've been posting up some pictures on my facebook account of some different foods I've been cooking for dinner.

Whilst sometimes I feel like cooking good ol' spaghetti bolognaise and a hunk of juicy steak, I've been inspired to broaden and challenge myself to make some more not-so-staple meals. Not forgetting the requirement that all meals need to be lactose-free!

What I have cooked so far:

- Vietnamese Rice Paper Rolls with Beef
- Pork Mince Dumplings with Rice Noodles
- Slow-cooked Mediterranean Chicken Casserole
- Homemade Char Siu with Rice or Hokkien Noodles
- Sauteed Potatoes
- Chicken Pad Thai

What I think I should try and cook next:

- Baked Chicken and Rice with Portuguese Sauce (Macau dish)
- Grilled Pork Chop with Vermicelli and Spring Roll (Vietnamese dish)
- Slow-cooked Chicken Curry
- Pork Belly and Potato with Ground Bean Sauce (Grandma's recipe)
- Mediterranean Grilled Vegetable Stack

I should stop now as I'm getting hungry.

1 comment:

Nathan and Mareesa said...

I'll have to go look at your FB pictures, that sounds delicious!