A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Family Movies

Current dilemma- finding a suitable family movie (preferably G-rated) for our mission's movie night.

My all time favourite children's movie is Toy Story 2, but we mainly showcase a new movie that has been released either this year or in the last 2 years.

Shortlist includes:

The Incredibles
Ice Age- The Meltdown
Over the Hedge
Shrek 2

I haven't seen the Meltdown or Over the Hedge yet.....methinks I need to pay a friendly visit to the local video store. $1 Tuesdays here I come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jan,

Not that I've seen any of those movies, but I always tried to find a movie with a good "gospel hook" - something that would lead naturally into a 2-3 minutes evangelistic talk.

We used to have the talk after the movie, but I wonder if you could get someone to try doing it before, when you have a little more of the crowd's attention rather than trying to hold their attention after the movie's finished.

Anyway just a few ideas. It was great to see you both last night, even though I didn't get much of a chance to say hi! All the best for Tweed, remember our prayers are continually with you.

Jan said...

Yeh, we've been aware of that in our possible choices.

The ideal movie we could get is Lion, The witch and the wardrobe, but it's PG rated, and could be too scary for the littlies.

Joshi said...

cars!!