A place for my random thoughts, anecdotes and reflections of what I see and experience in this lifetime.

Monday, October 17, 2005

It's all good.....

I didn't get food poisoning from the FIGS Iron Chef cook-off on the weekend.

I was actually quite impressed with the ability of all participants. Well done to everyone. I didn't think that toffee would become a dessert must-have on the night, despite the presence of a full block of chocolate. I was looking forward very much to having chocolate mousse for dessert though :P

Went to a Seventh-Day Adventist wedding ceremony yesterday in Ipswich. Quite different, in that the bride walked down the aisle to the Queensland Youth Choir, and the sister-in-law sang "Somewhere over the Rainbow" as a musical item.

The absolute highlight though of the ceremony, was when the celebrant began the ceremony by saying in a loud voice just one word......... "Marriage". He said it right, but someone else sitting beside me muttered it in another tone which made it difficult for me to muffle my laughter.

Twoo-Wuv eh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a plain egg and mince on noodles would be nice

next time i'll choose crazy ingredients... anchovies and pizza shapes and cottage cheese

Jeff